Exclusive Vitaly Friedman 1-day masterclass.
Vitaly Friedman, a web-guru.
Vitaly Friedman is a web-guru, speaker, author and editor-in-chief at the wonderful Smashing Magazine, covering the latest trends in web design and frontend-development. A man who really knows what to keep an eye out for when it comes to upcoming web trends and technologies.
The Masterclass at Codegarden.
With HTTP/2, Service Workers, Responsive Images, Flexbox, SVG, WAI-ARIA roles and Font Loading API now available in browsers, we all are still trying to figure out just the right strategy for designing and buildings responsive websites efficiently. We want to use all of these technologies and smart processes like atomic design, but how can we use them efficiently, and how do we achieve it within a reasonable amount of time?
In this masterclass, Vitaly Friedman, editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine, will be looking into a strategy for crafting fast, resilient and flexible responsive design systems by utilizing all of those wonderful shiny web technologies we have available today. We'll also talk about dealing with legacy browsers and will cover a few dirty little techniques that might ensure that your responsive websites will stay relevant, flexible and accessible in the years to come.
Beware: you won’t be able to unlearn the things that you’ll learn in this workshop!
1 day - 17 topics!
After completing the Vitaly Friedman masterclass you definitely won’t go home “empty handed”. In the masterclass, you’ll cover no less than 17 different topics:
This workshop will cover:
- Architecting and building pattern libraries and design systems
- Content choreography, internationalization and localization issues
- Layout techniques (Flexbox and CSS Grid)
- Resolution independence (SVG Gotchas)
- Compressive images (optimization and techniques)
- Responsive images (technical perspective)
- Dealing with web fonts (options, strategy, code snippets)
- Performance issues/strategy (best practices + HTTP/2 + HTTPS + prefetching techniques)
- Transition from HTTP to HTTPS
- Maintenance issues (e.g. dealing with legacy browsers)
- Progressive web apps and offline functionality
- Service workers and implication on design and development
- Common front-end challenges and solutions
- Accessibility issues and techniques
- Responsive HTML email newsletters
- Tooling (performance, frameworks, testing, quality assurance)
As you can see from the list above, this masterclass really is hands-on and versatile, ensuring that you’ll get to learn about topics you’ve perhaps never dived into before or have limited knowledge of. The masterclass is your chance to learn it all from a true expert - if you’re lucky enough to get a seat.
Only 30 seats available.
We only have 30 seats available, and we are selling them at just €200 each, exclusively to CG17 ticket holders. Masterclass tickets like these are normally between €4-500, so this is really an extraordinary chance to learn from an expert at half the price. Do not hesitate too long - these tickets will be sold out fast.
Be ready for the ticket release.
We open for the Vitaly Friedman Masterclass ticket sale on Tuesday the 18th of April. Half the tickets will be released at 12:00 CEST, the other half at 20:00 CEST, given everyone, no matter timezone, a fair chance.
There’s no limit to how many tickets you buy, the only requirement is that you, and the people you buy tickets for, all have Codegarden tickets (pssst, right now you’re still able to get a discount on your Codegarden tickets if you buy before the 1st of May).
So why not ditch the easter eggs this year and ask your easter bunny for a Vitaly Friedman ticket instead (sorry, couldn’t help it 😉 ).