The overall guidelines for our Bug Fix Warranty:
- By mutual agreement, Umbraco agrees to provide a fix which corrects or mitigates the behaviour introduced by the defect as per the actual support plan and the severity.
- The bug must be reproducible in other environments.
- Bugs not related to security, stability or loss of data are not subject to the Bug Fix Warranty. However, if found relevant, Umbraco will try to resolve these bugs with the next official release.
- The fix may require the customer to upgrade to the latest Umbraco release and may be provided as a patch, a manual update, or a full release based on the assessment by Umbraco.
Basic Support, Gold Support and Gold Partners:
For our support plans (not Enterprise) and Gold Partners, Umbraco hold the following principles:
- The Bug Fix Warranty applies to bugs identified as severity 1 e.g. security vulnerabilities, site stability issues, and bugs resulting in loss of data.
- Umbraco agrees to provide a fix which corrects or mitigates the behavior introduced by the bug within 7 business days from the date the bug is confirmed by mutual agreement.
An Enterprise Support plan varies, however, the Bug Fix Warranty covers all severity levels and could look like this:
- Severity 1: Prototype/Test version available for evaluation – as soon as available, but not more than 5 business days. Full patch available for supported deployment - 7 business days.
- Severity 2: Within 7 business days from the date the defect is confirmed by mutual agreement.
- Severity 3: Enrolled in first available planned release – maximum 40 business days.
- Severity 4: Enrolled in first available planned release – maximum 40 business days.
- Severity 5: Not applicable as these requests are not related to any operational matter.