Do you want to be part of Umbraco - the fastest growing Content Management System (CMS) on the Microsoft platform?
With more than 500,000 active websites worldwide running open source software delivered by Umbraco, and a growing number of Umbraco related cloud products and services provided by Umbraco HQ - we are now looking for talented senior developers to grow our CMS development team at Umbraco HQ in Odense.
We’re looking for a take-charge attitude from a skilled developer who gets a kick out of solving complex challenges with simple solutions. If you are passionate about writing great code, diving into new challenges and find it exciting to be working on a globally adopted open source project with a fantastic, large and active community - then this job is for you!
With a high degree of responsibility and freedom, you will be tasked with:
- Deep diving into Umbraco CMS and related products.
- Participating in day-to-day activities involving planning, design, development, testing, documentation, deployment and production releases.
- Working closely with other team members to build new features and fix bugs in our various software solutions.
- Engaging with community developers for review of pull requests, project collaboration, issue tracker communication etc.
- Collaborating with other teams to improve the entire Umbraco ecosystem.
We expect that it’s natural for you to:
- Write clean, scalable and testable code.
- Take full and proactive ownership of tasks assigned to see them succeed.
- Lead by example regarding professional software development standards.
- Know when (and when not) to apply specific software design patterns.
Who are we looking for?
We care about people. That’s why the most important qualification is your personality: who you are, what values you have and how you interact with other people. We are looking for people with passion and energy to be part of something bigger than themselves and who’s willing to dedicate their time and skills to build great products in collaboration with talented and friendly colleagues.
What experience are we looking for?
- 5+ years of developer experience, preferably with C# or similar/related languages.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and principles (i.e. SOLID).
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience in the industry.
The following experience is a bonus:
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and SaaS products.
- Experience with open source projects.
- Experience with Umbraco CMS or other content management systems.
Send your application via this link. Expected start date is January 1st 2020.
You will improve your chances significantly by reading about Umbraco on our different channels, getting familiar with our open source project and by taking a free trial of Umbraco Cloud so you get a feel of who we are as a company and of our products/services.
About Umbraco A/S
Umbraco A/S is a Danish company with headquarters in Odense. The company was founded in 2005 and employs more than 50 people. More than 500,000 sites run Umbraco worldwide, and we are hungry for more. In addition, Umbraco is the friendliest CMS in the world and we probably have the toughest and most committed community, you could ask for. Find out more about us at www.umbraco.com.