Are you a cloud expert with solid experience in managing SaaS operations and do you have the skills to build and manage high-quality cloud platforms with a focus on reliability, scalability and security?
Umbraco, the company behind Umbraco CMS - the fastest growing open source Content Management System on the Microsoft platform, is looking for a skilled professional to lead Umbraco Cloud operations and play a key role in the evolution of Umbraco Cloud and the continued growth of our SaaS platforms.
We’re looking for a take-charge attitude from a skilled and senior operations/devops engineer who handles SaaS operations with ease and gets a kick out of solving complex challenges with simple solutions. If you are passionate about building and managing great SaaS platforms with a structured approach to the complexity and requirements that follows - then this job is for you!
With a high degree of responsibility and freedom, you will be tasked with:
- Leading a team of talented and dedicated operations and devops engineers
- Structuring operations responsibilities for all Umbraco Cloud products and services
- Collaborating with development teams on new development for cloud services
- Optimizing Umbraco Cloud platforms with respect to scalability, reliability, security etc.
- Managing service quality with a focus on automation, monitoring, recovery, fall-back etc.
- Handling all internal IT setup and procedures for Umbraco offices
We expect that it’s natural for you to:
- Build clean infrastructure that’s easy to manage and scale with a focus on automation
- Lead incident management routines including on-call, problem solving, communication and follow up routines
- Clearly document in a systematic way all parts of your work and the systems you manage
- Work with a DevOps approach with focus on enablement, automation and quality assurance
- Be systematic in your approach to organizing servers, services, configurations, documentation etc.
- Ensure that all parts of SaaS operations are covered in a professional manner including security, reporting, monitoring, alerting etc.
Who are we looking for?
We care about people. That’s why the most important qualification is your personality: who you are, what values you have and how you interact with other people. We are looking for people with passion and energy to be part of something bigger than themselves and who are willing to dedicate their time and skills towards building great products and services in collaboration with talented and friendly colleagues.
For this role, we are looking for a senior engineer with a structured and systematic approach to cloud operations management and DevOps, with enough technical skills to be hands on, enough high level experience to guide the team, and the skills to collaborate on the big picture with key stakeholders.
What experience are we looking for?
- 6+ years of experience with IT operations
- 3+ years of experience with cloud based operations
- 3+ years of experience managing software as a service
- Solid experience with multiple cloud providers, most importantly Microsoft Azure
- Solid experience with tooling for monitoring, logging, automation and scaling
- Experience with web hosting, preferably in combination with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with governance, GDPR and compliance
- Experience with leading a team
The position is full time at Umbraco HQ in Odense.
Send your application to Umbraco CTO Jacob Midtgaard-Olesen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected start date is January 1st 2020.
You will improve your chances significantly by reading about Umbraco on our different channels, getting familiar with our open source project and by taking a free trial of Umbraco Cloud so you get a feel of who we are as a company and of our products/services.
About Umbraco A/S
Umbraco A/S is a Danish company with headquarters in Odense. The company was founded in 2005 and employs more than 60 people. More than 500,000 sites run Umbraco worldwide, and we are hungry for more. In addition, Umbraco is the friendliest CMS in the world and we probably have the toughest and most committed community, you could ask for. Find out more about us at www.umbraco.com.