After the successful introduction of the classroom workshops at last years cg we are happy to announce that the format is back. It’s a unique opportunity to get taught directly by the developers behind the software.
Codegarden takes place in Copenhagen, June 10th-12th, get your tickets today!
We made Umbraco as a Service (.com) to remove friction when it comes to working with Umbraco, so you can focus on building amazing things and never again worry about installing, upgrades, deployments, hosting and any other infrastructure bits that steal between 8-12% of your time! Getting more productive while doing what you like the most - what’s not to love?
After this half-day event, attendees will have an in depth knowledge of:
- Creating new projects for your development team
- Deploying between environments (both locally and remote)
- Git basics and tools used to run a site locally
- Advanced debugging and troubleshooting
- Assigning hostnames and going live
- Creating sites from a common baseline.
- A baseline is an Umbraco site that you configure to have all of your favourite packages and preferred site structure set up for you
- Updating the baseline and pushing changes out to all sites created from that baseline
- Upgrading to a new Umbraco version
- Workflow for pushing changes forward and pulling back live-content
Taught by Morten Christensen, Sebastiaan Janssen and Paul Sterling from Umbraco HQ - the main architects behind Umbraco as a service. This workshop will give you insight into using Umbraco as a Service as your main place for running, maintaining and developing Umbraco-based sites.
While the workshop will start with an in-depth introduction, it will be very much hands on with regards to working on an actual site and seeing what happens when changes occur and how to work with these changes in a team. Make sure to bring your own laptop in order to be able to follow along. We will provide all attendees with a site ready for implementation and a set of instructions on how to proceed with the site. Imagine that the instructions are from your Project Manager and you work in a team to finish a site. This will be as close to real life as possible!
This workshop is suitable for both frontend and backend/.net developers as the focus is on using Umbraco as a service in a team, which consists of different types of developers. It doesn’t matter if you are on a PC or a Mac or don’t have a lot of experience with Git. We aim to bring everyone up to speed on the basics needed to get up and running with Umbraco as a service.
Workshops have very limited seating so seats are given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. You’ll need an assigned cg ticket to be able to claim your spot and you can only register for a single workshop (so choose wisely). Reservation takes place on the http://codegarden15.com site.
Here is an overview of the Umbraco.com reservation schedule
- 16/4 15:00 GMT +1 - 15 seats
- 12/5 15:00 GMT +1 - 15 seats
So don’t miss out on this rare opportunity and make sure to get your cg ticket on time!