Codegarden 2018 Newbie: Tony Cortinas
Full name: Tony Cortinas
Job title: Vice President and Co-Founder
Company: Marathon Consulting
Country: United States
Time working with Umbraco: 8 years
What convinced you to go to Codegarden 18?
Being a Gold Partner I thought it was important to attend the largest Umbraco conference. I was especially interested in the Gold Partner Summit.
Before arriving - what were you most looking forward to?
Definitely visiting Denmark and meeting lots of great people.
Before arriving - what were your biggest worries about you going to CG18?
Just the travel, making all of the connections. It was 3 flights and 2 trains to get to Odense.
Did you gain something unexpected from participation in CG18?
Definitely - a love for Hammerslaggin. I never thought I’d be infatuated with such a simple game involving a tree stump, a hammer, and lots of nails.
What are your top 3 favourite things/take-aways from Codegarden 2018?
1. Meeting and spending time with all of the great Umbracians including those at Umbraco HQ. I strengthened relationships with people I met in the past, and also met a lot of wonderful people that I intend to keep in touch with.
Tony and Matt at the Codegarden HQ pre-party
2. People are very passionate about Umbraco. Myself and my team love Umbraco because it’s a great CMS that is easy to use, but extremely flexible and is for the enterprise. But after attending Codegaden, it’s clear that Umbraco is so much more than that. It’s a community.
3. Storms Parkhus, especiallyYazzi’s Pita. A very cool indoor/outdoor street food venue right by the train station. There’s lot of great food/drink/entertainment and the best pita sandwich I’ve ever had in my life from Yazzi’s!
The tasty pita from Yazzi's
What are your top 3 recommendations for CG19 first timers?
- Read the labels for the meals - they throw things like deer liver and rooster in the meals.
- Meet as many people as you can. Everyone is very friendly. Take advantage of this.
- Stay an extra day in Copenhagen! Spend a few hours at Nyhavn, it’s a must!
Nyhavn in Copenhagen
Will we see you for CG19?