Trust is a core value for Umbraco. You give us data if you use some of our products. Your trust is essential for us therefore we need to make sure that you trust us. For a start please have a look below and find why, what, when etc ref data controlling and processing.
What data, including personal data, do we have?
- We store data that you give us
- It can be name, your company name, telephone number, address, mail address and other data depending upon what transactions we have done together.
Why store data?
- Because we need them for e.g. accounting purposes.
- Because we need to send you a newsletter you have signed up for.
- Because you have requested a trial of a product
- You have bought a license
- You have bought a ticket for training
- You have applied for a job
When do we store and process data:
- We have an explicit legal reason (duty) to so or if we
- Have explicit consent from you or if we
- Have an explicit relevant purpose
We safeguard your data:
- We prevent that your personal data is unintentionally deleted, made public, or is exposed to anyone not legally allowed to access your data.
- We work on a “need to have” not “nice to have” basis
- We have made sure that your data is being treated in accordance with legislation.
- All our suppliers are GDPR compliant and we hold valid Data Processor Agreements with all.
- We do regular revisions of processes and data stored.
- We wash data on a regular basis removing data not relevant for legal and any other relevant purpose.
- We don’t share data.
- We have signed an SCC with our sub-processors placed in third countries (non-EU) to secure your data*.
- We have developed TIAs (Transfer Impact Assessments) for all sub-processors located in unsecure third countries.
You can contact us at GDPR@umbraco.com if you have any questions as to the privacy of your data, or visit our policy page where further is written.