Who benefits from this course?
Backend Asp.net MVC Developers who work with integration of services and applications on Umbraco.
Requirements/What you should already know
- You are expected to know Umbraco and its APIs, and know ASP.NET MVC and Visual Studio.
The project you'll work on during the course will be provided and/or created on the day of training (more info will follow once you've booked the course).
You must be able to set up and run an Umbraco project using the following guide from our documentation: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Install/
Mac/Linux users will need to install Docker and have an empty SQL server database ready and know how to set up a connection string to said database before the course.
- Advanced Routing
- Custom Page Controllers and models
- Replacing Umbraco components with custom ones
- Website Membership
- Backoffice integration
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Integrate 3rd party data and business logic into Umbraco
- Combine Umbraco's simple templating and content with external functionality
- Take advantage of Asp.net MVC best practices as you integrate
- Expose external data in the backoffice to non-technical editors.
- Handle the pros and cons between the different implementation options
After completing the course, your instructor will invite you to take the included certification test. The test is a multiple-choice test based on the topics that you’ve learned during the 1 day course. You are required to get 80% of the questions correct to pass. When passed, you gain 50 certification points.
Where and when
Our training courses are currently offered online, with numerous times and dates for you to choose from. Find the time that suits you: