Who benefits from this course?
Backend Developers & Operations Engineers
What you should already know
You will need experience of developing ASP.NET MVC applications with Umbraco and have a general understanding of load balancing concepts. You will need to know how to use Visual Studio, and a familiarity with the Azure portal would be beneficial.
The learning is divided into two parts:
- Configuration for load balancing Umbraco
- Non-synchronised and synchronised configurations
- How to develop and test a load balanced Umbraco application locally
- How to use SQL Server Session State
- How to develop code for cache events
- How to control and configure different Umbraco server roles
- Umbraco configuration for Azure Web Apps
- How to use Azure Redis for Session State
- How to use WebDeploy to deploy Umbraco to Azure Web Apps
- Using Azure Storage Blobs for Media
- Using Application Insights with Umbraco
By the end of this course, you will
- have a good understanding of how to load balance Umbraco
- grasp the strategies needed when developing a codebase to scale across multiple servers.
- be confident in deploying an Umbraco based application to the Azure Cloud
- ensure correctly configured and stable deploying
After completing the course, your instructor will invite you to take the included certification test. The test is a multiple-choice test based on the topics that you’ve learned during the 1 day course. You are required to get 80% of the questions correct to pass. When passed, you gain 50 certification points.
Where and when
Our training courses are currently offered online, with numerous times and dates for you to choose from. Find the time that suits you: