Who benefits from this course?
Backend Developers & Operations Engineers
Requirements/What you should already know
- You will need experience in developing ASP.NET MVC applications with Umbraco and have a general understanding of load balancing concepts.
- You will need to know how to use Visual Studio, and a familiarity with the Azure portal would be beneficial
- Must be able to set up and run an Umbraco project using the following guide from our documentation: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Install/
- Must have the following installed: Visual Studio (2019 at least), Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (at least version 18)
- The course targets Windows functionality, so Mac/Linux users will need a Windows VM.
- The project you’ll be working on throughout the course will be provided and/or created on the day of training.
The learning is divided into two parts:
- Configuration for load balancing Umbraco
- Non-synchronised and synchronised configurations
- How to develop and test a load balanced Umbraco application locally
- How to use SQL Server Session State
- How to develop code for cache events
- How to control and configure different Umbraco server roles
- Umbraco configuration for Azure Web Apps
- How to use Azure Redis for Session State
- How to use WebDeploy to deploy Umbraco to Azure Web Apps
- Using Azure Storage Blobs for Media
- Using Application Insights with Umbraco
By the end of this course, you will
- have a good understanding of how to load balance Umbraco
- grasp the strategies needed when developing a codebase to scale across multiple servers.
- be confident in deploying an Umbraco based application to the Azure Cloud
- ensure correctly configured and stable deploying
Counts toward the Umbraco Master title
By attending this course you automatically take one step closer to earning yourself an official Umbraco Certification title. This course is a step toward the highest Umbraco certification status: Umbraco Certified Master.
You can keep track of the courses you've taken on your developer profile on umbraco.com. Your profile will be updated shortly after you've attended a course.
Once you've attended the required courses for the specific status, you'll be invited to take a Certification Test. Pass this and the title is yours!
Where and when?
Our training courses are live and online with numerous times and dates for you to choose from. Find the time that suits you: