Who benefits from this course?
Backend Asp.net MVC Developers who need to build real world search applications with Umbraco.
What you should know
You are expected to know Umbraco and its APIs; asp.net MVC, Visual Studio and GIT.
- Lucene.net internals
- Examine configuration
- Examine Fluent API
- Examine events, gathering node and document writing
- How to debug Examine queries
- Indexing and searching PDFs
- How to build your own custom indexer
- Multi index search
- Multilingual search
- How to index complex data types
- Spatial search with Lucene.net contrib
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Be versed in the inner workings of Examine and Lucene.
- Be able to write your own search solutions using Examine.
- Understand the common issues faced by people starting out with Examine.
- Learn how to debug search queries.
- Gain insider knowledge of the extended capabilities of the search tool.
- Create advanced search solutions using Lucene.net contrib.
- Achieve official recognition as an Examine expert.
After completing the course, your instructor will invite you to take the included certification test. The test is a multiple-choice test based on the topics that you’ve learned during the 1 day course. You are required to get 80% of the questions correct to pass. When passed, you gain 50 certification points.
Where and when
Our training courses are currently offered online, with numerous times and dates for you to choose from. Find the time that suits you: