Who benefits from this course?
Backend Asp.net MVC Developers who need to build real world search applications with Umbraco.
Requirements/What you should know
- You are expected to know Umbraco and its APIs; asp.net MVC, Visual Studio and GIT.
- The project you’ll be working on throughout the course will be provided and/or created on the day of training.
You must be able to set up and run an Umbraco project using the following guide from our documentation.
Mac/Linux users will need to install Docker and have an empty SQL server database ready and know how to set up a connection string to said database before the course.
- Lucene.net internals
- Examine configuration
- Examine Fluent API
- Examine events, gathering node and document writing
- How to debug Examine queries
- Indexing and searching PDFs
- How to build your own custom indexer
- Multi index search
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Be versed in the inner workings of Examine and Lucene.
- Be able to write your own search solutions using Examine.
- Understand the common issues faced by people starting out with Examine.
- Learn how to debug search queries.
- Gain insider knowledge of the extended capabilities of the search tool.
- Achieve official recognition as an Examine expert.
Counts toward the Umbraco Master title
By attending this course you automatically take one step closer to earning yourself an official Umbraco Certification title. This course is a step toward the highest Umbraco certification status: Umbraco Certified Master.
You can keep track of the courses you've taken on your developer profile on umbraco.com. Your profile will be updated shortly after you've attended a course.
Once you've attended the required courses for the specific status, you'll be invited to take a Certification Test. Pass this and the title is yours!