Bridging courses for Umbraco 9 in 2022 🚀
The first generation of Umbraco to run on .NET 5 and ASP.NET Core is here! To help you build better-performing, more scalable, and easily customizable websites, the new technology may also call for a new skill set.
You're eligible to go on bridging if you've completed one or more of the relevant courses in Umbraco 8 👉
Find out if you're eligible for bridging by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
These 4 courses are now available through March 31, 2023:
- Bridging: Umbraco, MVC, and Visual Studio, €200
- Bridging: Umbraco Application Integration, €200
- Bridging: Security in Umbraco, €200
- Bridging: Umbraco Load Balancing, €200
All training courses are being updated for version 9, but bridging courses have been created only for courses with significant Umbraco 8 to 9 changes.
Start making plans to skill up!
Please be aware that the bridging courses will only be available through March 31, 2023. This coincides with the way Umbraco certifications are changing in 2022. Read more about the future of certifications in Umbraco.
The smartest way to upgrade your skills
Our calendar is full of training dates!
- If you booked a relevant training in 2021, you will receive the corresponding bridging course for free when available in 2022.
- If you book a relevant training for March 2022 and on, your course will be updated for Umbraco 9 and no bridging course is necessary.
- If you simply need a bridging course to bridge the gap for the Umbraco 8 skills you already have, watch this space!
Faster, on-demand, and at a fraction of the cost
These are the top 4 reasons for signing up for the bridging courses:
- It's faster: Each course only lasts a half-day, including exercises and projects from the Workbook. All focus on teaching you the best practices and skill updates you need to create great solutions in Umbraco 9 on .NET 5.
- It's available on-demand: The bridging courses are recorded video tutorials. This means you can watch, learn, and get certified in Umbraco 9 whenever and wherever it suits you (while courses are available).
- It's cost-effective: Regular Umbraco 9 training courses are priced at €1.150 . The bridging courses only cost €200
- It saves you time and money now AND in the future: As of 2022, certifications are valid for 24 months. If you make sure to upgrade your certification to Umbraco 9, you'll only need to take the certification test in the future when you want to renew your certification status, which saves you plenty of money and time!
"If the bridging courses are shorter and cheaper, do I still get the same knowledge as in a regular course? 🤔"
Yes - guaranteed.
The bridging courses are put together by Umbraco specialists and friendly trainers Rheannon, and Jakob - you might have had them as a trainer in one of our highly acclaimed courses!
No one knows the gaps between Umbraco 8 and 9 better than this duo. They're making sure that all bridging courses update you on the new best practices - updated dependencies, changes to configuration - and enable you to implement your knowledge in the Umbraco CMS you've grown to know and love in equivalent Umbraco 8 courses.
After passing the bridging course, your certification for that specific course will be updated to Umbraco 9 and be valid for 24 months.
Below, we've compiled a few more FAQs for you:
The bridging courses are recorded video tutorials, so you can watch them whenever and wherever. After purchase, you'll be given access to the bridging course that you've bought on Umbraco.tv. You'll also receive an email with step-by-step instructions on how to sign in, view the course, and take the test. Follow these instructions, and soon you can call yourself an Umbraco 9-certified developer! 🎉
If you've completed one of the 4 courses in Umbraco 8, you are eligible to buy and go on the related bridging course(s).
All bridging courses will be available on-demand to watch at your leisure at a fraction of the time commitment. You will need to take and pass the certification test to complete that course.
Please be aware that the buyer of the bridging course needs to be the same person going on the bridging course (same name + email as your developer profile). If that's not possible, e.g. you are buying for a group of developers, simply buy the course(s) and reach out to us with the names and emails matching the developer profiles of those who need to go on the courses you've bought.
You have to buy and pass the bridging courses by March 31, 2023. Following this date, the bridging courses will no longer be available. Please reach out to us to discuss any special circumstances, i.e. training a large group of developers.
Because the prior structure required you to mix and match courses for certification, unfortunately it's not possible for us to offer a bridging bundle that works for everyone.
Under our new structure for certification status, currently certified Umbraco 8 developers keep their points and certified status until August 1st, 2023. If you don't upgrade your certification to Umbraco 9 within that time - with or without bridging courses - you'll have to take a regular Umbraco 9 course in order to upgrade your skillset and your qualifications (you know, those much more expensive full 1-day courses).
Note (March 25, 2022): If you took an applicable course between March 4, 2021 and December 31, 2021, you are eligible for a free bridging course. You will get an email shortly to notify you. If you don't receive this by April 4, 2022 and believe you are eligible, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
For now, if you're already developing in .NET 5, bridging will keep you updated on all the best practices for developing in Umbraco 9. Plus, if you're currently certified and you take bridging now to update your training based on the new certification path by August 1, 2023, you can secure your title for the next 24 months. Here's what we can tell you about the future: We're currently researching whether it makes sense to have bridging for every major version or if it makes more sense to only have bridging every time there is a major update in technology (i.e. .NET 5 to .NET 6). We will update you as soon as we can.
No, as we've designed them to be as cost-effective for you as possible at €200 per course.
Sign up for bridging:
Let us know what bridging courses you're interested in by filling out the form below.