Who benefits from this course?
Frontend and backend developers who know Umbraco and want to extend the UI for editors, and developers who perform custom tasks inside the Umbraco backoffice.
Requirements/What you should already know
The project you'll be working on throughout the course will be provided and/or created on the day of training.
Must be able to set up and run an Umbraco project using the following guide from our documentation.
Mac/Linux users will need to install Docker and have an empty SQL server database ready and know how to set up a connection string to said database before the course.
- Backoffice overview and UX best practices
- AngularJS introduction
- Implementing your own editing component
- Replacing editors, grids and lists with custom implementations
- Custom applications, trees and editors
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Extend the functionality of the backoffice
- Build advanced editor components in AngularJS
- Learn the usability best practices for Umbraco website architecture
- Leverage the many extension-points Umbraco offers for backoffice extension
- Add completely new areas to the backoffice
Counts toward an official Umbraco Certification title
By attending this course you automatically take one step closer to earning yourself an official Umbraco Certification title. This course is both a step toward the Expert and Master statuses.
You can keep track of the courses you've taken on your developer profile on umbraco.com. Your profile will be updated shortly after you've attended a course.
Once you've attended the required courses for the specific status, you'll be invited to take a Certification Test. Pass this and the title is yours!
Where and when?
Our training courses are live and online with numerous times and dates for you to choose from. Find the time that suits you: