Who benefits from this course?
Backend developers who know their way around Visual Studio and understand the basic concepts of .Net, c# and Umbraco, and who want to extend Umbraco with their own code.
Requirements/What you should already know
- It is a benefit to have knowledge of the Asp.net MVC patterns and Visual Studio.
- The project you’ll be working on throughout the course will be provided and/or created on the day of training.
- You must be able to set up and run an Umbraco project using the following guide from our documentation: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Install/
- Mac/Linux users will need to install Docker and have an empty SQL server database ready and know how to set up a connection string to said database before the course.
- Solution Setup in Visual Studio
- Strongly Typed Models
- Custom Controllers
- Hijacking the Umbraco request Pipeline
- Building forms in Umbraco with MVC
- Using Umbraco API’s to manage content and media
- Best Practices
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Work with Umbraco in Visual Studio
- Learn to apply MVC patterns and best practices with Umbraco
- Build advanced asp.net MVC applications on top of Umbraco
- Take advantage of Umbraco's support for advanced routing, models, controllers and views
Counts toward an official Umbraco Certification title
By attending this course you automatically take one step closer to earning yourself an official Umbraco Certification title. This course is both a step toward the Expert and Master statuses.
You can keep track of the courses you've taken on your developer profile on umbraco.com. Your profile will be updated shortly after you've attended a course.
Once you've attended the required courses for the specific status, you'll be invited to take a Certification Test. Pass this and the title is yours!
Where and when?
Our training courses are live and online with numerous times and dates for you to choose from. Find the time that suits you: